Monday, January 20, 2014

Hiiiii

Hey everyone my name is Keaton and I am a third year business major with a minor in architecture. Right now I'm mulling around the idea of getting my Masters in Architecture and going on to work in Real Estate Development (maybe opening my own firm, who knows!).

I spent this past weekend in Vegas for one of my best friend's 22nd birthday and I wanted to share some really cool architecture I saw there! Typically I pay more attention to residential architecture, but when we were driving down the strip I was instantly attracted to the really cool design of Aria's The Shops at Crystals.




The shops are super sleek and modern and really compliment the contemporary design of the surrounding hotels and act as an interesting look into "New Vegas." 

Hope you all had a great three day weekend, see you all in class!!

Keaton

2 comments:

  1. Hi Keaton! I think I usually sit next to you in class. That's cool that you like architecture, that style is very Frank Gehry (if it isn't actually his). You might also like this guy, Bjarke Ingels: http://www.big.dk/#projects who is probably one of my all-time favorite architects (used to be an arch major) and makes some really cool stuff. Check out the Danish Pavilion for the World's Fair in Shanghai (I think it's in 2008?), it's very cool and innovative. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These buildings are so cool and sleek, agreed! The style also reminds me a little bit of some buildings in Dubai. My mom and I are also currently planning our mother-daughter trip to Barcelona, and I actually was just searching through some of Gaudi’s architecture over there. I feel like you might be intrigued by some of his work. Here is a website I came across…
    http://www.globotreks.com/destinations/10-gaudi-buildings-barcelona/

    ReplyDelete