Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Kate, international student

Hey everyone, I am Ting-Chun Lin, I prefer to be called Kate. Having art and design class has always been my dream since I was little. Drawing gives me a chance to unmask myself and express my real feelings. My dream of the future is to be someone like Walt Disney, who could actually express the idea of his own to the whole world, no matter kids or adults. That is the person I want to be, to create a work that can remind people of something, maybe just a simple feeling, about at least, something. I didn't really have any art or design course like this before, and I am really really excited about it.
Jimmy is a famous artist in Taiwan. I love him really much because his works express how I think of life really well. The work I post is from Jimmy's book The Sound of Colors. It expresses the feeling I have right now since this is the first time to leave my country and study aboard. I don't know where to go and which direction is the right one. Maybe it represents most people's feelings: life is a game without a "restart" button, we can't see what is in front of us. The only thing we could do is to search and be strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment