Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Collab Project

My group for the collaborative project designed a surf brand, complete with logo, surfboard, and apparel. I personally loved this concept because I am a huge beach girl (Santa Cruz native)! We decided upon the brand name High Life, inspired by many stereotypes of surfers. Since I was raised in a beach town, I am very familiar with the different types of surfers and the habits that they posses. Our brand name incorporates their favorite beverage (40's), their agriculture fetishes (stoners), and their crave of the ocean life (the euphoria that comes with successfully catching a wave).

My first assignment within the project was to design the logo! After dozens of attempts in my sketchbook, this was the design we chose to work with:
Since our brand is represented by a squid, Geo had the brilliant idea to incorporate the tentacles into the logo! After he drew that and Julian added color, this is the final product:
There are certain aspects of the original that I wish had been retained (the relationship between the letters and the circle), but overall I think it has a great surfer feel about it. I think this logo could definitely be seen on stickers and surfboards everywhere someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment