Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Collaboration Project

For the collaboration project my group decided to create a series of post cards with an emphasis on materiality. The four of us individually made three postcards each based on our "seas" theme.

The first card I created depicts a mermaid's tail drawn with purple ink on a see-through sheet of blue plastic with green fake eyelashes for the tail and craft pearls as bubbles.

For the second card I painted a sunset on a thin piece of red velvet and hand-sewed two birds flying over a horizon line that says "thanks."

For my last card I painted a sheet of sandpaper white and cutout the sketch of a shell outlined with silver sparkles from it. Then I attached this to a background of tan paper via a piece of gray string I braided and a pink rhinestone.




I'm pretty happy with my final results. Having not had a lot of experience with physical, material based projects I had a lot of fun experimenting during my creation process. For the collaboration side of this project I wish my team had worked together more on creating a unified series of postcards which we all contributed to rather than each of us creating our cards completely on our own and simply sticking them all in the same box at the end. Still, I do think the final product turned out fairly well:


1 comment:

  1. Your final products turned out beautiful! I can definitely see them being really popular being sold in a store! They fit in really well with your Seas theme, and I can easily see the connection between your cards and Susi's.

    ReplyDelete