Thursday, November 21, 2013

Feeling Gray? Why the Gray Scale Exercise Brought Me Down.

I have loved almost every Design Class this semester.  It has provided a realm to freely create and enjoy the process of creation.  It is honestly rejuvenating and refreshing.  While I am normally a pretty happy, cheery individual, I felt absolutely tired and down during ONE class this year--Grey Scale Exercise.  Sherin even noticed how melancholy I looked.  But Why? After all, we were just designing and painting as we do in a normal class.  According to research, color can influence your mood, actions, and levels of stress.  All of those greys--more than 50 shades for sure--brought me down, and according to Huffington Post article, "10 Ways Color Affects Your Mood" the color gray influences people to be more "passive, uninvolved and have a lack of energy."  I would personally agree with this influence, as I was indeed noticeably happier when we did the color wheel.  Perhaps the solution to a day you feel down is adding a splash of color...that, or a just strong cup of coffee. --Amanda G.
Here is an interesting look at the effects of other colors on moods:

No comments:

Post a Comment