Thursday, November 21, 2013

Group Project Reflection: NOHL

For the group project, our group consisted of me, Brynn, Hail, and Irene. We all connected with each other from the very beginning after we expressed our interest in Disney. Hail and Irene had more experience working digitally, while Brynn and I worked with more hands-on design. Our techniques balanced out, but we still had some skills in common. 

Our goal was to create hats in different collections that we could sell to Urban Outfitters. Hail created a snapback, Irene made head wraps, Brynn designed a beanie, and I made a flower crown. Each of our personalities shown through our hats, but we needed a way to to make our collections cohesive. We created a brand, NOHL, and a logo to tie all of the hats together. We made tags that we attached to each hat so they looked like they could be sold from the same store. Each of us also had a "mood board" so our client could see where our inspiration came from and constructed those images into a look book. If we had more time, we would have added more pages to the book and make it seem more complete. 


I felt like I learned a lot from this experience. I was able to take on a real life project while also trying to collaborate with other group members. We worked together really well and we all played an equal role on the team. We all listened to each other's ideas and gave suggestions for improvements along the way. I really enjoyed this project and hope I get an opportunity to work with my group mates again in the future (Hopefully at Disney!) Now I know where my path in design will lead to and I cannot wait to continue that journey. 


1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy the twist that you put on the common flower crown. The flowers that hang down and flow in the hair are really successful and that's something that I haven't seen before. Great job! Watch out, I'm sure someone will try to steal this idea from you because it looks so great, especially in that picture!!

    ReplyDelete